Director, Big Data Infrastructure
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1107686BR
What you'll do at
You’ll interact with the engineers, product managers and architects to provide scalable robust technical solutions.
• Effectively handle multiple initiatives and be accountable for delivering multiple releases on schedule with highest quality standards
• Investigating new big data tools and technologies for their potential application to common use cases; establishing best practices, developing design patterns, and working with platform engineers and product managers to specify and deliver new major technology features
• Technical Leadership: Drive high-level architectural decisions and designs based on business priorities and requirements. Lead the team in providing technical vision and guidance to a broad community of big data infrastructure users, such as software application engineers and data scientists, through research, investigation, collaboration, and hands-on debugging, often driven by specific use case requirements. Ensure that application big data solutions adhere to best practices and enterprise standards for scalability, availability, efficiency, data lifecycle management, information security, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery
• People Management: Coach and mentor first-level managers and tech leads. Identify, implement, and communicate best practices for engineering. Build a high-performance team
• Familiarity with the strengths, weaknesses, and idiosyncrasies of big data solutions of cluster-based platforms (e.g., Hortonworks, Cloudera, and MapR) as compared to as cloud resource providers (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and similar object storage and ephemeral compute paradigms)
• Experience building and nurturing high-performing big-data engineering and/or infrastructure teams
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts