Senior Product Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1105381BR
What you'll do at
Our digital product teams have been tasked with re-inventing the merchant. Like all product roles, we are obsessed with our customers, end users, and problems we are solving. We take crazy hard challenges, work closely with our end users to design testable prototypes, and ultimately deliver great technology that enables merchants to make stronger, data-informed decisions, and automate or heavily simplify processes necessary to take action. We partner closely with teams across the organization to deliver on our ambitious solutions, most notably, our industry leading data scientists and engineers at Walmart Labs. If you are ready to change the world, this role is for you!
You will sweep us off your feet if:
●You understand merchandising needs and objectives and apply critical thinking to derive user insights and define ways of working and related product capability requirements
●You can build business cases (vision, objectives, expected results and value) for product capabilities and influences the product owner to prioritize and deliver these capabilities
●You can communicate the product strategy to the merchandising organization and advocate for the value of product capabilities with organizational leadership
● You can lead the development of product prototypes (when needed) and use prototypes to gain merchant user and leadership buy-in, as well as ensure product effectiveness, etc.
● You can develop and executes a “customer success” strategy to ensure product adoption, understanding and efficient resolution of issues
● You can develop and manage to a project plan to ensure that product capabilities are delivered on-time
● You can lead without direct authority when needed (for example, leading a product area with multiple product managers) and seeks out ways to motivate and mentor other on the technology and product teams
● You can provide direction and leadership to a cross-functional team that includes technology development, design, architecture and other product teams to ensure accurate and on-time delivery of product capabilities
You will make an impact by:
● Operating as a champion for the product through product training, leadership presentations, etc.
● Engaging with merchandising stakeholders, conduct process analysis and design sessions, understand overarching product objectives, etc. in order to develop a clear and relevant product capability backlog
● Partnering with the user experience (UX) design team to ensure product features/ capabilities are designed in way that maximizes efficiency and encourages customer adoption and ongoing use
● Consistently pushing all stakeholders to ensure solutions are innovative, creative and aligned to the objectives for the product/ business
● Partnering effectively with the rest of the product team to ensure overall product objectives are achieved
● Collaborating with technology counterpart to influence and determine optimal technology/ design decisions based on business objectives
Joining Walmart means making an impact on your community, innovating for a better future and creating a career you’ll be proud of.
Join our family: apply now
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and q
4 years' experience building and leading high performing teams.
6 years' experience leading cross-functional teams.
12 years’ experience in leading product or solution development.
12 years experience gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements.
10 years’ experience consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis.
6 years' experience building and leading high performing teams.
Proven track record of successful product creation with measureable and significant business impact.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents