Sam's Club - BackEnd Staff Software Engineer (Node.JS)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1098341BR
What you'll do at
What you will do:
• Develop Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices using BackEnd technologies, NodeJS, and Java.
• Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensure business needs are being met
• Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates. Lead the work of other small groups of 1 to 6 engineers for assigned Engineering projects
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Support business objectives
• Troubleshoot business and production issues
• Utilize industry research to improve Samsclub technology environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience in a development or architectural leadership role in
building backend services/applications.
• 3+ years of backend Node.js development experience
• Experience leading teams through the full life-cycle of software development through design, development, quality and deployment
• Experience with SOA, Apache Camel, REST, Web-Services, JEE technologies, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle desirable
• Experience with NOSQL solutions, Big Data techologies Hadoop, Hive, Kafka would be a plus
• Experience building fast and responsive web applications
• 2+ years’ experience in Agile Methodology
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents