Distinguished Software Engineer - Sam's Technology
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1094428BR
What you'll do at
At Sam’s Club, we’re committed to being the most valued membership organization in the world by saving members money on the items they buy most and surprising members with the unexpected find. In essence we execute on our mission of savings made simple at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
What You’ll Do
As part of a product focused software engineering team, you will define and create complex solutions to support internal and external Sam’s Club business. Experience in the latest technologies are is a must with emphasis on solutions that are cloud native. You will support the software development process from concept, to development, to testing, to execution. You will explore current solutions that are in place and help determine the best path forward both technically and operationally to support/grow the business needs.
There will be opportunity to work on proof of concept capabilities, as well as maintaining current systems. It is Sam’s Club technology’s goal to find next generation solutions that enable growth with internal facing applications, Club associate facing applications, and member facing applications – all which must be done while meeting company policies and procedures and maintaining the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
• Design and develop technology solutions to help achieve the business partner's new environment, and guide solutions through launch to market. Create training materials, guides, demonstrations and white papers and help scale solutions delivery
• Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing and open source across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers. Provide business partner and market feedback to the Product and Engineering teams and help shape product direction.
• Engage in communities to drive the development of standards that meet platform and business partner needs.
• Partner with the business to define requirements and success metrics as well as survey the existing customer IT landscape with the retail industry.
• Experience working in a cloud computing environment (infrastructure, storage, platforms and/or data)
• Experience working in Retail/Public Service/Banking system related IT engineering
• Master's degree in Computer Science, related Engineering field, or equivalent work experience
• 8 years of experience working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions or developing applications in Supply Chain systems
• Solid understanding of github and open source development culture in general
• Understanding of current trends of technology infrastructure, (including databases, enterprise integration buses, protocols, APIs and formats), security, networking and cloud-based delivery models
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way for broad audiences, empowering them with memorable and useful information.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents