Senior Manager II - Mobile Engineering Team - Sam's Club Technology
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1093099BR
What you'll do at
At Sam’s Club, we’re committed to being the most valued membership organization in the world by saving members money on the items they buy most and surprising members with the unexpected find. In essence we execute on our mission of savings made simple at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Here is what you'll be doing:
• Be an expert on the products and features your squads are building to solve the user problems identified with your product management partner.
• Work with Product Management to prioritize, scope and plan business milestones.
• Build technical rollout plans to reach business milestones.
• Foster a positive engineering culture in line with Ibotta's values.
• Work with Director to build Group technical roadmap.
• Ensure your squad has the people needed to be successful.
• Support timely delivery of engineering solutions to deliver business needs, while providing a transparent view to progress.
• Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers.
• Be a reliable decision maker.
• Perform the role of Product Manager on Engineering driven Squads.
Here is what we're looking for:
• 2+ years of engineering management experience, or 2+ years of proven tech leadership experience with the eagerness to take on more in the realm of team building
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer (At least 3 years of mobile development experience on iOS or Android)
• Understands and has practiced agile software development and management
• Has had exposure to multiple languages and frameworks as either an engineer or manager
• Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise
•Motivated by a fast-paced environment while encompassing our core values
• Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication
• Experience working in a cloud infrastructure and mobile first setting is a great extra!
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years experience in software engineering OR PhD
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents