Senior Principal, Product Design
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1092477BR
What you'll do at
Why you’re a great fit
• You’re probably stronger on one side than the other, but you have a solid blend of interaction and visual design skills and an eye for pixel-perfect detail
• You can craft experiences for any channel or platform, with a passion for building in the ecommerce space
• When you look at Samsclub.com, you see multiple easy ways make the experience more beautiful and delightful for our customer and you're excited to tell us about them.
• You have a constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments
• You express your design point of view and openly advocate for another team member’s design
• You’re a creative problem solver who leans into collaboration to create delightful experiences
• You thrive on collaboration – be it with other designers, business partners, product owners or engineering
• You have an impressive product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs
Skills you’ll have
• You’re a systems thinker with the ability to communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
• Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces
• Mastery of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast)
• The ability to create design templates and patterns that mesh with the broader design system
• Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills at the executive level.
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to follow your initial vision.
• Experience designing compelling experiences for large, customer-facing properties
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents