Tax Manager - Motor Fuel Tax
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Tax
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1084226BR
What you'll do at
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise on motor fuel tax laws, tax rates, and pending tax legislation.
- Manages monthly fuel tax filing process including the review and/or preparation of monthly tax returns and reconciliations of returns to tax accounts.
- Supports business operations with timely research and resolution of tax calculation errors and preparation of weeklymonthly operational status reports.
- Reviews and analyzes month-end reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of tax determination and tax reporting solutions.
- Promotes innovation through effective and efficient use of data and technology.
- Coordinates deskfield audits of tax returns.
- 1 year of supervisory experience OR 1 year experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and 1 year experience in Finance or related field OR 5 years experience in finance or related field.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 4 years motor fuel or other indirect tax experience.
- 5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
- SAP – Oil & Gas, Avalara Returns Excise, and/or Avalara AvaTax Excise experience
- 5 years of experience with data analytics tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, SAP-BI, Access, Essbase, Alteryx, etc.).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Member of the Institute (CMI), or other finance or accounting certification.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents