Staff Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1082199BR
What you'll do at
- This position will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining data warehouse and analytics data architecture to meet business analytics, data science, Machine Learning needs of the business.
- This position works with other data architects and business partners to develop the technical vision for data and analytics in the data warehouses employing primarily SISS, SSRS and SQL Server in virtual and cloud environments.
- It involves designing, developing, and supporting new and current ETL processes employing industry standards and best practices to enhance loading of data from and into different source/ target systems.
- The data warehouse developer’s role in an organization also includes providing support to the organization’s business requirements in the application and consumption of information from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) or from other suitable source systems.
- He/she will be part of the team to review, analyze, modify, and create ETLs, utilizing SSIS, testing, debugging, integration and implementation processes
- His/her tasks will also include documenting technical needs for ETL processes and databases, and ensuring optimal technical infrastructure is utilized
- This position involves the delivering of data integration projects and would therefore require leveraging best practices expertise and experience at implementation; as well as effective technology know-how
- The individual holding this position must be able to perform various complex assignments without much supervision; and must be able to train and mentor for other team members.
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years experience in information technology, SAP Basis, SAP security, or related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years experience in information technology, SAP Basis, SAP security, or related field within the last 10 years.
- Responsible for administering Microsoft SQL Servers, which includes implementation, performance tuning, ongoing maintenance, backup/recovery, security, auditing, lab support, migration
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics and related performance impacts
- Responsible for Extracting, transforming and Loading data into the SQL server DB from different kinds of sources and applications like flat files, SAP, ORACLE db, Teradata db and DB2 db
- Able to develop and implement complex queries to create stored procedures
- Hands on experience with cloud environment - Azure Cloud Environment
- Experience with the data streaming platforms like Kafka layer
- Team lead into the technologies like Python, Azure cloud etc
- Responsible for scheduling the ETL’s to automate our daily ETL process
- Proficient in Microsoft visual studio Integration services(SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Candidate should be familiar with Python Script and C# script
- Familiar with big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive etc
- Troubleshoots and problem solves SQL development and SQL server production issues
- Troubleshoot performance issues and suggest/implement optimizations
- Proactively monitors the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Adaptable to the changing priorities of the business
- Design data models and define both logical and physical models
- Collaborates with source system developers and data analysts to identify relevant data to be included in the warehouse and in the big data environment
- Provide architectural guidance, technology, and process improvement recommendations
- Designs and applies data security standards on ETL applications and data
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads system design process and solution development
- Maintains and advances industry expertise
- Mentors Global Integrated Processes (GIP) associates
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides direction and coordination between large projects and the technical execution plan
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Analyze large databases and recommend appropriate optimization for the same
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents