Product Manager, Domain Expert
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1081761BR
What you'll do at
• Possess a unique combination of business knowledge and technical skills to help deliver the vision for the next generation of item.
• Creative and innovative with a knack for making the complex simple, and strive to eliminate the extra steps and controls that overload most applications.
• Utilizing your domain expertise in item data and business item management processes, you’ll help identify and champion solutions to lead item management into the future.
• Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and function as a primary liaison between product teams, end users and support teams.
• Influence strategy and deliverables and recommend technical solutions and ideas by utilizing your strong understanding of business needs around current processes, systems and associated pain points
• Change leader able to achieve desired results by aligning and defining transformational changes and processes clearly; validating value and priority; creating both short-term and long-term project plans; assessing readiness for change; managing expectations; adjusting approaches to have positive company change adopted
As the Domain Expert of Item File Development, you’ll develop and implement appropriate integrations with other business systems and functional areas, consulting and collaborating extensively with internal organizations to align to the item strategic vision. You will drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects, managing large scale implementations and initiatives to optimize transition or remove key functionality from the item domain without impacting the business.
Here are some things you’ll do every day:
• Lead the direction for your projects with our development team daily
• Lead requirements gathering and user story development
• Coordinate and drive product design
• Facilitate timely resolution to questions related on how the product should function
• Provide clarity in prioritizing the features for implementation
• Communicate new capabilities to our customers and partners
• Ensuring success of key customer deployments
• Coordinate, plan and review of supporting technical publications
• Have an intimate understanding of the current and future states and will have the credibility with your domain expertise to influence and drive change
• Understand the pain points and capabilities that are important to buyers.
• Know that making the solution configurable is just as important as making it usable, and you enjoy setting up and demonstrating the product
• Must be highly organized, and able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities. Can work independently, and with a team, to meet deadlines
• Accountable for the quality and value of the implemented product
• Gain alignment of the backlog prioritization with technology and business and report results to supervisors and stakeholders.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
What would support your success -
• 3+ years’ experience in item setup and management tools and processes across channels with specific focus on customer-facing and enterprise-level solutions.
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with development teams and negotiates solutions to meet business needs
• Proficient knowledge of Process and Workflow Management and Project Management waterfall and Agile
• Experience in working with remote teams.
• Experience working directly with end users at their location
• Functions as a primary liaison between the product teams, tool users and tools development and support teams.
• Comfortable working in a program and product management capacity; both are required for success with experience in JIRA, Slack, Agile processes
• Ability to articulate analyses and findings in a crisp and concise manner both verbally and through written presentations and communications
• Six sigma certification
• Success as a product owner in an agile development process
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required. MBA preferred
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents