Private Brands - Sr. Manager Sourcing Pets
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1073690BR
What you'll do at
Our Sr. Sourcing Manager works closely with Buyers and Product Developers to deliver high-quality products to our customers at the best possible price. Sourcing the products our customers want at low prices is no easy task, but our Sr. Sourcing Manager rises to the challenge by partnering with manufacturers and innovators to shape the future of entire portfolios, both in food and non-food. They make multi-million-dollar decisions every day and help manage some of the biggest Private Brands in the industry. Our Sr. Sourcing Manager plays an integral role in understanding the true cost of product, packaging, manufacturing and transportation, while ensuring the development and stability of our supply base for years to come.
Who are we looking for?
A negotiator. A successful influencer and decision maker. A multi-tasker. Someone who can plan, manage and balance a budget. Someone who is curious and inquisitive. A leader and doer. A driver of results and continuous improvement. Someone who consistently goes above and beyond for their stakeholders and customers alike.
What are we looking for?
• A strong record of success in negotiating tangible and non-tangible components of supply contracts
• A background in manufacturing, co-manufacturing and / or sourcing products in the global marketplace
• Exceptional leadership and influencing skills
• Experience with cross-functional team dynamics and responsibilities
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
What else helps?
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field; and
• A Six Sigma (or similar) certification; and
• 3 years experience in manufacturing, sourcing, supply chain, merchandising / related field; or
• 5 years experience in manufacturing, sourcing, supply chain, merchandising / related field
Make a positive impact on your community. Innovate for a better future. Join the biggest Private Brand team in the world and create a career you’ll be proud of: apply now.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process
2 years experience planning and managing budgets.
2 years experience working on multi-national teams.
4 years experience in global sourcing.
4 years manufacturing experience.
Six Sigma or related certification.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents