Sr. Manager - Plant Controller (Thomasville, GA)
- Location THOMASVILLE, GA
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Accounting and Controls
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1073676BR
What you'll do at
- Communicates accounting impacts, issues, and strategic directions
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures appropriate accounting data is processed to the general ledger and reported
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and regulatory compliance
- Manages accounting processes
- Manages and provides support for finance and business areas involved in month-end close
- Oversees Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Oversees financial reports, balance sheet accounts, and financial audits for each assigned business area (for example, Canada, Puerto Rico, Sam's Finance, Logistics Finance)
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field AND 2 years experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field OR 6 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 1 year experience conducting financial reporting according to United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- 1 year experience reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish.
- 1 year experience using basic functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, and email software (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 1 year experience with financial software (for example, SAP, ERP, Essbase, SQL).
- 3 years experience reviewing reconciliation and journal entries.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Professional certification in finance (for example, CPA, CMA).
- Manufacturing Accounting experience
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents