Software Engineer (Back End), Path Forward Returnship
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1071585BR
What you'll do at
Walmart Labs is partnering with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. The Path Forward Return to Work program is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals, returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. After completing the four-month program, qualified candidates will be considered for conversion to available full-time opportunities at Walmart.
If you are passionate about technology, have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent, we welcome you to apply and join our team. We are excited to be part of the Path Forward program, because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
• Participates in the discovery phase of new product features to develop high-level design by partnering with internal teams that are contributing to proof-of-concept development
• Develops prototypes to validate ideas.
• Reviews product requirements and translates requirements into technical solutions, drives implementation, writes code in order to test solutions, communicates project status and issues to team members and stakeholders
• Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering system information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause) and performs root cause analysis to reduce future issues, interprets the results to determine further action and develops solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of experience in software development OR equivalent combination of education and industry related experience.
• Strong fundamentals around object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis.
• Knowledge and understanding of best practices and methodologies in building software that scales.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
Back end - years of experience can be overlapping
• 2+ years of experience in API development and consumption
• 2+ years of experience with RDBMS or NoSQL
• 2+ years of Experience in C++/Java
• Experience in messaging (Kafka/MQ)
• Experience in unit/integration testing, debugging and optimization
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts