Partnership Specialist 2 (GEC11868)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1071311BR
What you'll do at
What you’ll be working on:
• Using Salesforce, scraping tools, and other lead generation software, source contact info and perform outreach for the vendors on the go-get list for his/her relevant department
• Call vendors, recommend channel decisions, issue contracts, advise and support terms & cost negotiations, problem solve EDI failures, review items being set up for cost and pack size appropriateness (based on the economics of the specific business), and generally act as first point of contact for any process related, vendor-facing issue, prioritizing all the above by GMV and CVI impact.
• Simplify, streamline, and automate as many process as possible within the vendor onboarding funnel and in the ensuing vendor relationship, by detecting, documenting, quantifying, and escalating process gaps, tooling dysfunctions, and un-met user needs. This individual will play a critical role in driving the product roadmap for Project Skywalker and other vendor-facing tooling roadmaps.
• Manage supplier communications on seasonal events, system updates, process updates, etc
• Support HOME Category Specialists on item management systems and provide expertise on complex or unusual business requirements, figuring out (and then documenting and escalating) workarounds and acting as critical knowledge resource for getting complex systems work done that drives the business. This person should have the ability not only to understand the issues, but also teach and train against them, as well as succinctly recap their impact and recommended solves to the product team
• Stickler for process and organized project management
• Efficient multi-tasker
• Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas and the power of creative thinking to get to “yes”
• Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
• Great team player and collaborator
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to build and manage relationships
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
• Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
• Bachelor's degree and/or minimum of 4 years equivalent work experience
Experience with vendor acquisition, onboarding, and partnering
• Online ecommerce experience a plus
Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level within Walmart and partner organizations; cooperative working style
Passion for serving customers and understanding their needs
Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and a virtual team
Detail-oriented and strong follow-through
Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude - Self Starter
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents