Manager II, Portfolio Management- Walmart Services
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1065855BR
What you'll do at
- Walmart Services (#walmartservices) is a fast paced, strategic business unit at the forefront of our digital - physical transformation. We are a diverse team of highly skilled innovators with two primary goals: create a best in class shopping experience for our customers and help them save money. As a member of our team, you will have a hand in building tomorrow's Walmart.
- Learn more about us here: https://careers.walmart.com/walmart-services
Who you are:
- When you think about customer experience, you don’t bucket those experiences into “digital” vs. “in-store” – you know that today’s customers interact with brands anytime, anywhere. You understand the demands of a tech-savvy customer.
- You know that customers expect brands and experiences that anticipate their needs, learn their preferences and deliver a delightful experience every time. Most importantly, you know that a successful product strategy centers on the customer and you recognize and operate daily in the mindset that the customer is key.
- You are able to lead and grow relationships with both Suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Your professional experience is marked by your ability to lead in a creative and ever evolving atmosphere to deliver for your customer.
- You understand the end-to-end user experience, technology systems, accounting and controls and integration points of today’s best blended retail consumer experiences.
- You are in your element when you can collaborate with a diverse team from executives to technical professionals to deliver fast, measurable business results.
Some things you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop and implement project plans to meet sales, income, and unit volume forecasts across all applicable services, channels and distribution points.
- Execute existing service, channel, or account activities across distribution points by managing the look, feel, positioning, and distribution of services offerings; leverage data and analytics to gather, understand, and report on performance to identify key insights to enhance the growth of the business; support ongoing relationships and activities with vendors and partners to execute sales and marketing programs.
- Support the development of business plans for potential services offerings or innovations by collaborating with senior team members to analyze new sales opportunities and partnerships for growth to the business; research and identify ideas for innovation, line extensions, and improved user experience; assist in the evaluation of potential innovations for development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to execute implementation and timelines; support analytic reporting activities; implement corrective actions to prevent negative business impacts.
- Utilize negotiation skills with Suppliers concerning lease and license renewals, terminations and extensions in order to support Services’ business strategy.
- Develop and execute protocols for lease and license renewals based on Services’ strategy and governance; collaborating with cross-functional partners to evaluate best use for available space.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identify business needs; determine and carry out necessary processes and practices; monitor progress and results; recognize and capitalize on improvement opportunities; adapt to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
What would support your success:
- WM merchandise/buying experience; item file experience
- Experience negotiating legal agreements/contracts/renewals
- Supplier relationship experience
- Budgeting/business planning experience
- Building and supporting Excel/Tableau desktop
- Knowledge of Essbase cube
- Project Management skills
- High-level understanding of WM technology systems and technical integration points
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, or related field and 2 years' experience in consumer services industry, project management, product management, finance, marketing, merchandising, process improvement, retail operations, technology, or related field OR 4 years' experience in consumer services industry, project management, product management, finance, marketing, merchandising, process improvement, retail operations, technology, or related field.
- 1 year project management experience.
- 3 years' experience in contract negotiation.
- 3 years' experience in forecasting, financial services planning, market analytics, or related field.
- 3 years' experience in product or service development.
- 3 years' experience in retail operations or retail management.
- 3 years' experience with Microsoft Office Suite (for example, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 3 years' experience with cross-functional project management.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents