SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TECH
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1059824BR
What you'll do at
- Design, implement, integrate, and maintain a reliable, high-performance platform infrastructure for a modern data processing application.
- Be a driving force for hosted solutions, delivering a highly available and performant hosted offering to our customers and meeting internal and external SLAs.
- Advocate a DevOps and “Infrastructure as Code” mindset.
- Define, develop, and maintain system status and performance monitoring solutions.
- Define and implement security best practices to enable compliance audits and reports.
- Select and develop orchestration tooling, internal tools, and integrations with third-party products.
- Design and develop projects in collaboration with Development, QA, and Build Engineering teams.
- Serve as an escalation point for field support issues.
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes, and procedures.
- Work closely with the development teams to provide high quality, available, and dynamic solutions.
- Build, configure, and deploy to our QA and Dev environments.
- Use tools including GitLab, Octopus and Jenkins to deploy to dynamic, scalable environments.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems.
- Incorporate automated tests and security scans into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Promote DevOps across functional teams and disciplines through collaboration, tooling and practices.
- Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools.
- Assist in movement towards use of modern technologies including containerization and cloud-native development.
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
- Core Java and Java Web Components.
- Ruby & Chef Experience.
- Unix & Shell Scripting.
- Database design and development in one or more - Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL
- Experience developing cloud-native applications.
- Good knowledge of IaaS stack.
- Hands-on experience on Azure and/or GCP is a plus.
- Python programming knowledge is preferred.
- Resiliency & Performance testing is a plus.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts