Sr. Director, Merchandise Strategy and Collaboration - Sam's Club
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1059408BR
What you'll do at
The new senior director will work closely with the Chief Merchant and the General Merchandise Managers (GMMs) to build, execute and refine the company’s merchandising strategy. The best candidate will deeply understand the obvious and nuanced differences between the warehouse model and mass retail. They’ll work across in-club and .com teams to identify places where closer collaboration between merchants better serves our members, and they’ll be experienced enough to know when differentiation matters.
If you’re still reading and you can’t believe what you just read because it’s the perfect job for you, drop us a line. We want to hear from you. And as we say at Sam’s Club, life is better in the club and we’re always looking for smart, passionate people who want to make a difference with us!
- Communicates and builds support for strategic business planning
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Influences the merchandising division strategy agenda
- Oversees category strategy and annual operating plans and processes on behalf of the Chief Merchandising Officer (CMO) and General Merchandise Managers (GMMs)
- Provides overall direction and creates investment strategies for Annual Business Planning (ABP) program
- Provides overall direction for Sam's Club supplier diversity
- Provides overall strategic direction for Sam's Club Joint Business Planning (JBP) program
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 5 years experience in business or related field OR 7 years experience in business or related field.
- 4 years experience leading cross functional teams.
- 4 years experience with direct responsibility managing a profit and loss (P&L).
- 8 years experience in brand management, consulting, strategy, or related field.
- 8 years experience in merchandising, finance, or related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents