Manager, Financial Reporting & Controls
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Accounting and Controls
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1059101BR
What you'll do at
• Monitoring and balancing the various accounting systems (such as SAP) and reporting tools (HFM and Essbase) integral to the close process
• Posting journal entries
• Performing balance sheet account reconciliations as well as ad hoc analysis to identify and resolve key issues with significant financial impacts
• Executing and documenting the performance of SOX controls
• Working with the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team on variance analysis
• Helping to manage the expectations for team members and management during the close process
An individual in this position is expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties throughout the department as assigned and/or as necessary.
A successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of basic US GAAP accounting principles and appropriate SOX controls design, execution and documentation practices
• Have the ability to understand, manage and document systems, operations, accounting, business processes and reporting flows for a medium-scale business
• Set the example for compliance with company policies and procedures and support the company’s standards of ethics and integrity
• Proactively identify and implement process improvements and support innovation to increase accuracy, minimize risk or realize efficiencies.
• 6+ years of relevant accounting experience
• Solid understanding of basic US GAAP accounting principles and SOX controls design, execution and documentation practices
• Good working knowledge of SAP (or similar ERP), Essbase, Smart View and Excel
• Big 4 and/or Fortune 500 experience
• Proficiency in Alteryx, Visio and Teradata
• 2+ years of supervisory experience
• eCommerce or Brick-and-Mortar Retail Industry experience
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents