Senior Manager, Risk Management Operations Analysis
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Risk Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1058952BR
What you'll do at
• Use statistical models, data mining or other analytical methods to identify, size and highlight savings opportunities within Walmart’s Risk Management function
• Transform these findings and analytical insights into operational information-based strategies to solve business problems and improve efficiencies.
• Develop junior associates by providing technical, analytical, and statistical training; and mentoring fellow associates on business processes and procedures.
• Communicate analysis and findings in a clear and compelling manner as to influence decision makers through presentations, summaries, charts, and reports.
• Assist in the creation/implementation of business strategies by building relationships with key stakeholders; identifying/clarifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices.
• Ensure good processes exist to ensure data & process integrity by understanding business relevance of data, and by collaborating with Information Systems Division (ISD) on data sources & processes.
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in analytics and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of information based strategies.
• Execute analysis projects which may include variance analysis, trending and forecasting; data-mining with SQL in a Teradata environment, designing test and control experiments, and various other business questions which might arise.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
• MS/PhD or MBA from a reputed institution preferred
• Ability to query complex data warehouses, and aggregate data for strategic reporting
• Strong/persuasive communication skills
• Experience with complex statistical and advanced analytical techniques such as: logistic, linear, panel or non-linear regression, survival analysis, Monte Carlo simulations, optimization, time-series forecasting and Experimental test design
• Ability to effectively explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan
• A passion for problem-solving, comfort with ambiguity, and creativity
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents