- Location HOUSTON, TX
- Career Area Optical
- Job Function Optical
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1053578BR
What you'll do at
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Drives financial performance and growth in assigned vision centers across the market
- Drives the best patient experience for assigned vision centers
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures (for example, quality, compliance) to drive operational performance, safety, and customer service for assigned vision centers
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Manages and oversees vision center operations for assigned facilities
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Serves as the optical subject matter expert for the market
- 1 year experience as a Walmart Vision Center Manager or Sam s Optical Manager.
- Licensed optician in states requiring a license to dispense glasses OR American Board of Opticianry (ABO) certification in states not requiring a license to dispense glasses.
- 2 years experience supervising associates, including responsibility for performance management, mentoring, hiring, and firing.
- 2 years experience with optical business management (for example, labs, retail, private practice) to include financial responsibility.
- Multi-state licensed Optician.
- National Contact Lens Examiners (NCLE) certification.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents