Senior Manager I Walmart Financial Services
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1053148BR
What you'll do at
Walmart Services (#walmartservices) is a fast paced, strategic business unit at the forefront of our digital - physical transformation. We are a diverse team of highly skilled innovators with two primary goals: create a best in class shopping experience for our customers and help them save money. As a member of our team, you will have a hand in building tomorrow's Walmart.
Learn more about us here: https://careers.walmart.com/walmart-services
Who you are
• When you think about customer experience, you don’t bucket those experiences into “digital” vs. “in-store” – you know that today’s customers interact with brands anytime, anywhere. You understand the demands of a tech-savvy customer. You know that they expect brands to anticipate their needs, learn their preferences and deliver a delightful experience every time. Most importantly, you know that a successful product strategy centers on the customer needs.
• Your professional experience is marked by your ability to lead in a creative and ever evolving atmosphere to deliver for your customer.
• You understand the end-to-end user experience, operations, technology systems and integration points of today’s best blended retail consumer experiences.
• You are in your element when you can collaborate with a diverse team from executives to technical professionals to deliver fast, measurable business results.
As a Sr. Manager I – Walmart Financial Services, you’ll be leading strategic initiatives to grow Walmart financial services products while owning a P&L. You will be the lead person for the Bill Payment and the Money Order Service. Your key responsibilities, among others, will include the day to day operations of the business, planning and forecasting, and the insight/idea generation based on business performance, industry trends and customer’s preferences.
Here are some things you’ll do every day:
• Drive the execution of multiple strategic initiatives to grow the existing lines of business and solve customer service gaps by developing new financial products and services
• Lead cross-functional teams to develop technology-enabled products that improve the service experience and Walmart’s “one stop shop” concept
• Maximize customer satisfaction and optimize product performance by evaluating financial statements, and operational KPIs
• Initiate, supervise and lead research and analyses to identify product quality and performance standards
• Travel domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays
In more detail, you main responsibilities will be:
• Responsible for product strategy formulation and execution of high level initiatives including pricing, marketing and operations
• In this role you will be negotiating contracts on behalf of Walmart and you will be responsible for the supplier relationship management
• Responsible and accountable for financial performance of the US segment including US stores, Dotcom, and Puerto Rico
• Responsible for business planning including Annual Operating Plans and accurate forecast
• Conducts product research – Support the business with insights drawn from industry research and data analytics
• Manages data ownership and the data flows between Walmart and suppliers – Walmart shares sensitive information with suppliers and this associate will be responsible for pulling data, verifying accuracy, scrubbing proprietary information and securely transfer data to suppliers
• Manages daily, weekly, monthly reports on business KPI’s
• Collaborates with operations to ensure all stores are functional and servicing customers
• Ensure all technology implementations work well at the stores and digital channels
• Proactively manages marketing materials and store signing
• Collaborates with the ops team to maintain current SOPs to ensure associates have the knowledge base needed to serve our customers
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, or related field and 3 years' experience in consumer services industry, project management, product management, finance, marketing, merchandising, process improvement, retail operations, technology, or related field OR 5 years' experience in consumer services industry, project management, product management, finance, marketing, merchandising, process improvement, retail operations, technology, or related field.
- 4 years' experience in retail operations or retail management.
- 4 years' experience in contract negotiation.
- 4 years' experience in forecasting, financial services planning, market analytics, or related field.
- 4 years' experience in product or service development.
- 4 years' experience with Microsoft Office Suite (for example, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 4 years' experience with cross-functional project management.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents