Category Manager, BBQ & Outdoor Hearth
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1052644BR
What you'll do at
Hayneedle) is building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to help you find and buy things you love for your home.
We are looking for an exceptional Category Manager to manage and grow the BBQ and Outdoor Hearth business (think firepits and patio heaters), and manage levers across merchandising, marketing and product technology to drive GMV and profit results. Your ultimate goal is to build a strategy that will win market share, identify and develop talent within your direct reports & closely track your suite of products – determining competitive pricing that lives up to our brand promise, analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future, improving the customer experience through findability & securing marketing support for your key initiatives.
In this position, you’ll get to …
• Manage a business and bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
• Develop our people and lead a team of category specialists, driving skill development growth & continuous learning across entire direct report team.
• Give customers what they want and deliver best-in-class assortment & end-to-end customer experience in the market. You will Partner with internal teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Care to deliver a world-class customer-centric shopping experience.
• Drive Operating Efficiencies to continuously improve processes, data integrity, and systems to deliver operating leverage in how we do business.
• Innovate and leverage the enterprise’s (Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle) advantages to build scalable high growth businesses around immediate and emerging opportunities.
• Develop assortment, pricing, merchandising, marketing & product strategies to deliver to sales & profit goals & grow market share for your category.
• Drive team of category specialists to execute your strategies & iterate as needed, using effective communication & clear strategies.
• Determine white space in assortment/brands & secure partnerships to cover these using national brands or private brand partners.
• Own vendor relationships & strategically drive vendors to create unique assortments, deliver best-in-market pricing & ensure fast delivery.
• Build aspirational product stories & marketing assets, working with marketing partners to build traffic drivers for distinct customer profiles.
• Build best-in-class item content for entire assortment through efficient item set-up management.
Who You Are:
• You are a world-class operator and possess a unique combination of business acumen, product knowledge, analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
• You can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways.
• You are a strong negotiator and relationship builder with external business partners.
• You love data and have a strong analytical bent with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• You are a Team builder: You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
• 4-5 years managing an ecommerce business, with specific experience related to marketing and site optimization
• 2-3 years developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
• 1-2 years’ experience managing and maintaining an open-to-buy
• MBA preferred
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents