Director, Product Management (Analytics & Artificial Intelligence)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1052123BR
What you'll do at
Do you love making an impact on customers? We serve over 40 million every single week.
Do you want to work on initiatives that deliver substantial value? All of our digital products are expected to deliver Billions in returns to our P&L.
Do you want to lead one of the industry’s biggest digital transformations? Why not do it at the world’s largest company.
Are you looking for better work/life balance and a great place to live? How would you like to live in an area that is consistently ranked as “one of the best places in the USA to live,” is regularly listed as “one of the fastest growing metro’s in the USA,” and is ranked almost 10% below the national average cost of living.
Merchandising is the heart of a retail business. There are millions of products in the world, but which ones should we carry in our stores? How should we design our shelves to show our customers the broadest assortment, but not run out of inventory? Where do we have costs built into the product lifecycle and can leverage technology to remove eliminate waste? What is the best price for an item, which drives trust and value for customers, but also delivers returns for shareholders? These are some of the problems we are solving in the Digital Merchant Product organization.
• Director Product Management will have responsibility in forming strategic vision for digital products, understanding user needs and behavior, and working with teams across the division to execute on product plans, build product analytics capability to test, measure and analyze the success of all innovation pilots.
• Ideal candidate will have strong Business Analytics and Insights with strong exposure to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning ideally in a retail/ecommerce environment
• This role will interface with Data & Analytics, Software Engineering and Merchandising teams and the ideal candidate will need experience teams in a cross functional environment.
• Our digital product teams have been tasked with re-inventing the merchant. Like all product roles, we are obsessed with our customers, end users, and problems we are solving. We take crazy hard challenges, work closely with our end users to design testable prototypes, and ultimately deliver great technology that enables merchants to make stronger, data-informed decisions, and automate or heavily simplify processes necessary to take action. We partner closely with teams across the organization to deliver on our ambitious solutions, most notably, our industry leading data scientists and engineers at Walmart Labs. If you are ready to change the world, this role is for you!
• Drives the development of the digital product vision for assigned Merchandising area by collaborating with executive leaders, end users, and engineering teams, to determine strategic direction; providing direction to the product teams to ensure digital solutions align with overall digital merchant strategic goals; building relationships with key suppliers at supplier meetings and road shows to gain insights into 3rd party solutions; working with senior leadership and end users to evaluate return on investment; and providing recommendations for trade-off decisions.
• Directs digital product development processes for assigned Merchandising area to drive overall strategy by developing and driving the product roadmap and backlog; directing the review and analysis of user insights and market research; identifying gaps based on market research and competitive assessments; determining strategic focus for products to ensure category goals are met; ensuring product details are consistent across the category and respective brands; overseeing product presentations and reviews to ensure product direction supports Merchandising digital strategy; collaborating with cross-functional teams (for example, engineering, data science) to ensure technical feasibility and a unified product delivery
Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 4 years experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related field OR 6 years experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related field.
3 years experience managing departmental functions including management of cross-functional teams and budgets.
5 years experience in manufacturing, product development, packaging, or design.
5 years experience with retail financial metrics (for example, P&L, cost components).
Master's degree in Business Administration, Retailing, or related field.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts