Principal Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1050412BR
What you'll do at
In this position, you will act as the product champion for a range of supply chain and operations products, and will have the opportunity to work across a variety of technologies that span our physical, retail environments and back office operations. The products you build will both enhance our member’s shopping experiences as well as enable and empower our associates to serve more efficiently and effectively.
Critical components of this role include:
Vision and strategy
◦ Can define a product vision and strategy and easily articulate them to senior executives
◦ Experienced with roadmap development and aligning product initiatives to wider business strategies
◦ You’re relentlessly focused on customer experience
◦ You have a passion for marketing to ensure your initiatives, once shipped, get the support they need
◦ You build products that achieve desired outcomes
◦ You're a pro at shipping complex product ideas. We move fast and are looking for a strong executer who has been there and done it before
◦ Agile and lean product development methodologies are a given
◦ Are able to adapt in a fast paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple competing priorities
◦ You set a high bar for design with UX, you know how to talk tech with engineers, talk process and business with club associates, and you know how to help QA debug
◦ You're a relationship builder and can work with internal partner teams to successfully deliver the right customer experiences
◦ You have a data first mindset. You're able to use data to analyze problems and opportunities, build business plans and forecasts for your products, and clearly define KPIs
◦ You are focused on measuring your product post launch and improving them if they are not meeting their objectives
◦ You've launched successful technology products in retail stores or other industries before
◦ You have a good understanding of the warehouse retail industry trends and developments and how they can be applied to Sam’s Club
◦ You have expertise in brick and mortar and supply chain merchandising
And specifically, a Principal Product Manager:
- Develops product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Drives product discovery process
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for the Product Management area
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports product implementation
• Develop and champion a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product area in support of corporate goals and objectives
• Review customer and market research, user feedback, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
• Drive the product discovery process for large complex, and/or ambiguous projects
• Support product implementation and deployment
• Define, track, and improve key product metrics for your product area
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents