Category Manager II, Shave Care & Hair Care
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1047942BR
What you'll do at
Own the Shave Care & Hair Care categoies – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands –and be responsible for assortment, financial performance & driving growth, merchandising, and pricing.
Build a best in class customer experience: You will be working alongside Site and Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, delivered, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our Shave and Hair experience!
Cross functional influence: You will work with cross functional partners in Marketing & Media to drive marketing strategies across all part of the marketing funnel and enhance the customer experience along their journey. You will also be responsible for working with Supply chain to ensure in stock and availability of items across various channels.
• Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
• Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
• Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers and ensure product is in stock.
• Own vendor relationships
• Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
• Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
• Collaborate with marketing, creative and other cross functional teams on category messaging, driving traffic using various marketing levers
• Manage, grow and train a team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you love merchandising & serving your customers…
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you want to run your own company one day…
• 10+ years experience in business, retail, ecommerce or related field
• Experience managing at least 5-8 direct reports
• At least three years experience supervising teams
• Experience working with large vendors in the Consumables space
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Proven track record of over delivering to financial plans and KPIs.
• Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
• Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
• Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies
• Demonstrated understanding of supply chain and sourcing processes preferred
• Experience in inspiring and managing teams
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents