CONSORTIUM OP & FORTE ATTENDEES: 2019 MBA Summer Intern-Merchandising
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Internship
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1047755BR
What you'll do at
Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? We're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it.
Every Day Low Price (EDLP) is the cornerstone of our strategy, and our price focus has never been stronger. We're uniting the best entrepreneurs, business minds, data scientists, merchants, and technologists to create seamless experiences for customers to shop anytime, anywhere -- whether they're shopping online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or shopping in a store.
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
A job at Walmart means an opportunity to build a career - develop into a General Manager at the world’s largest company. In joining our MBA Leadership Excellence and Acceleration Program (MBA LEAP), you will deliver innovative solutions to large scale challenges, work in both white space and established areas, and dive into the mindset of our customer to change the way the world shops. Have an idea to improve customer experience? You can own that, too. Do it right, and you could be leading a billion dollar+ business in 7 years … or sooner.
LEAP is looking for tenacious MBAs who are ready to do what it takes to become the next retail General Managers, Directors and VPs – building and growing their skillsets alongside their business. Being successful at Walmart means flourishing in ambiguity and demonstrating nimble leadership.
Some of the LEAP roles include:
• Sr Pricing Strategy Manager: At Walmart, the difference of a single cent can result in millions of dollars saved. That’s why our pricing teams are so focused on a single question: "How can we get a lower price for our customers?" How you answer that question will help millions of people live better. All in a day’s work.
• Sr Replenishment Manager: Our teams walk the fine line between surplus and shortage. We manage the supply chains of millions of products and solve for limited shelf life, global distribution, and even respond in times of natural disaster. When a customer finds exactly what they need on the shelf, we know we’ve done our jobs.
• Sr Business Analytics Manager: Do you love data? Well, Walmart processes over 40 petabytes of consumer data every day. But, it’s not just about scale; it’s what we’re doing with it. We translate that data into solutions. We leverage that data to make better business decisions that help our customers save money so they can live better.
• Sr Assortment Manager: We are equal parts data analysts, assortment planners, and advocates for our customers. Are our shelves stocked with the right variety of products? Are the products displayed in a way that is the most convenient? We leverage our understanding of customer behaviors and shopping trends to represent the interests of our shoppers.
When we hire you at Walmart, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Walmart invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged and creatively contributing to our next big idea. Cohort-based learning environments, mentorship, and exposure to senior leadership are key components of your development while in LEAP. Ultimately, the goal of LEAP is to build strong general managers capable of leading large, complex organizations and businesses.
• 3 years of industry or military work experience prior to MBA program
• Authorized to work in the US without restrictions
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents