Planning Manager 2
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1047361BR
What you'll do at
You won’t do this alone. You will manage a world-class team of collaborative colleagues who have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale and with the customer perspective first. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Forecasting and Financial Planning: Manages forecast meetings and processes and decision making for a moderately-to-highly complex category. Reviews forecast plans for moderately-to-highly complex category. Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy for moderately-to-highly complex category. Assists in the development of category financial plans and budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue)for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Financial Analysis: Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met and summarizes issues/discrepancies. Provides input on key metrics for other category teams. Directs team to model, analyze and evaluate impact of key variables on business performance. Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on business performance.
- Financial Planning: Partners with senior leadership in Planning to develop and implement category financial strategies and budgets.
- Demand Planning: Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for moderately-to-highly complex category. Reviews and approves inventory projections and buying strategies. Oversees analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans.
- Order Processing: Manages placement of orders for moderately-to-highly complex category .Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions for moderately-to-highly complex category. Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets.
- People Development: Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives. Coaches team members and provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Have performance and career development conversations .Maintain stream motivation and engagement. Mentors Planners.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents