Senior Manager, Customer Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Customer Insights
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1045579BR
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we pride ourselves for knowing our customers and connecting with them better than any other company. We interact with our customers across more categories than any company in the world. We analyze every visit, search, click and purchase to help deliver the easiest shopping experience both digitally and physically .
We are a team comprised of decision science practitioners that work together to uncover the “why” behind the customer behavior. As a Senior Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to leverage the power of technology, big data and analytics to improve the lives of the 150+ million customers that shop at Walmart every week.
Our ideal candidate is a sharp, thoughtful, and collaborative problem solver, who enjoys identifying key business levers and challenges, and then building analytical frameworks to enable strategic decision making. As a Lead within the analytics team you will have direct visibility with marketing leadership and will drive analytical initiatives to support the rapid growth of our online and omni-channel customer base.
What you'll do
• Define and drive analyses aimed at developing a deep and holistic understanding of customer needs and behavior, business performance, growth drivers, and trends.
• Model and size new business opportunities, including in sparse data situations.
• Frame and break down complex problems into key components, analyze large datasets to drive actionable insights.
• Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team (Product, Finance, Merchandising, Marketing & Engineering) to solve complex business problems.
• Create and manage business & operational dashboards to monitor business line and product performance.
• Communicate key insights to senior executives and cross-functional team.
- Develops business strategies for assigned Marketing categories (for example, search engine optimization (SEO))
- Develops continuous improvements to online marketing systems, processes, and capabilities
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages the budget for assigned Marketing category (for example, search engine optimization (SEO))
- Manages vendor relationships and contracts for Marketing initiatives
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides guidance across the company (for example, international markets) regarding Marketing processes
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Technical educational background (e.g., math, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics) or equivalent related work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in Customer Analytics or related field.
• Strong SQL skills and comfortable working with large volumes of customer data.
• You understand experimentation, hypothesis testing, and causal inference.
• You are able to clearly, credibly, and compellingly present and debate recommendations with executive leadership.
• 2+ years of experience with customer analytics in e-commerce or related field.
• 1+ years of supervisory experience.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents