Associate Manager, Marketplace Partnerships
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Project and Program Management - Merchandising
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1043888BR
What you'll do at
The Partnership Associate role operates holistically across all ecommerce levers including business development, marketing, merchandising and technology, to scale the third-party Marketplace Toys business on Walmart.com and Jet.com. The Partnership Associate will be responsible for managing and driving 3P sellers’ financial and operational goals, measuring and actioning performance metrics, and building strong internal and external relationships. Responsibilities will also include optimization of assortment to improve marketplace growth, while enhancing the customer’s experience.
This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge and coordination with merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, and technical teams. Candidates should also understand how to use technology to help drive future enhancements and define requirements for technology platforms in order to meet business needs. This is an ideal role for a candidate who loves partner management and is interested in driving significant financial growth at scale.
• Own and drive Toys Tier 1 and 2 Sellers annual GMV plan across both Walmart.com and Jet.com
• Manage and contribute to Joint Annual Business Plans (JBPs) by aligning financial targets with sellers, identifying Toys assortment needs based on internal and external insights and data, and securing marketing placements
• Continuously monitor seller performance; identify and action levers to improve performance. Provide internal performance reporting and host regular external partner meeting to effectively communicate Seller performance
• Partner with Toys category team to understand assortment needs
• Partner with technology product, site merchandising and marketing teams to ensure visibility of Marketplace items
• Partner with partner operations and technical support team to resolve any account technical issues
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in the Walmart.com and Jet.com merchandising/services area and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Ensures the alignment of multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Online ecommerce experience a plus
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level within Walmart and partner organizations; cooperative working style
• Strong project management, analytical and quantitative skills
• Passion for serving customers and understanding their needs
• Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and a virtual team
• Detail-oriented and strong follow-through
• Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude - Self Starter
•Online ecommerce experience
•Basic querying skills; SQL a plus
•Can lead, collaborate, and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, learn and use the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale – and above all else, think every day about how best to meet the needs of our customers.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents