Quality Control - Regional Manager, South East
- Location COCOA, FL
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1042753BR
What you'll do at
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Manages exceptions (for example, fruit availability resulting from adverse weather, mechanical failures, room capacity) within the Walmart fruit ripening program for Walmart and Sam's Club business units across multiple distribution centers
- Oversees flow of communication on product quality program for Walmart and Sam's Club business units across multiple distribution centers within region
- Oversees multiple distribution centers within a region to ensure quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs
- Prepares regional overhead budget
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides recommendations to improve the quality of perishable products
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Trains and develops Quality Control associates
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 4 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 6 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
- 2 years experience in food safety or related field.
- 2 years experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 4 years fruit ripening experience.
- 8 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents