- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1041886BR
What you'll do at
The Sam's Club Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates—from our clubs, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and associate-facing tools.
As a Product Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of members and associates. To do this, you’ll need to think visually –using techniques like storyboards and sketching –to communicate
design concepts. You’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing, etc), in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver compelling designs.
How you’ll spend your days
• Create business, consumer, and associate product experiences
• Work autonomously but seek out and welcome feedback from senior designers and managers
• Think holistically – about the people using our products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences
• Make design decisions based on good judgment, solid research and data
Why you’re a great fit
• You’re probably stronger on one side than the other, but you have a blend of interaction and visual design skills and an eye for detail
• When you look at Samsclub.com, you see multiple easy ways make the experience more beautiful and delightful for our customer and you're excited to tell us about them
• You have a constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments
• You express your design point of view and openly advocate for another team member’s design
• You’re a creative problem solver who leans into collaboration to create delightful experiences
• You have a portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs
• Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces
• Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast)
• The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent website
• Ability to produce great work in short timeframes and multi-task across different projects
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience and 3+ years product design experience
• Experience designing compelling experiences for large, customer-facing properties
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents