Senior Data Scientist
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1040415BR
What you'll do at
“WE ENGINEER SYSTEMS OF INTELLIGENCE AND ACTION TO AUTOMATE RETAIL DECISIONS AT SCALE”
The Walmart Labs Retail Data Science Marketing team is looking for a versatile data scientist to focus on building complex, cutting edge, and scalable algorithms for our marketing organization. Our team of high caliber engineers, scientists, mathematicians, and statisticians develop rigorous quantitative methods to build efficient and effective algorithms that optimize decisions.
We employ the wealth of Walmart data to build this portfolio of AI/ML models in a rapid test, learn, modify cycle. Our product teams include our business partners. We see the outcomes of our work enhance decisions every day.
We are seeking experts adept at partnering with the business, growing talented teams, and building capability development in tech. The ideal leader will combine expertise in AI/ML/Open Source/Tech knowledge, hands-on experience in algorithm planning, engineering, strategic capability development in AI/ML, and impart keen understanding of the retail business.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic group of scientists developing breakthrough capabilities in retail, creating new scientific approaches, and innovating solutions using state-of-the-art technology – at Walmart scale.
As a Data Scientist You Will
• Work closely with marketers and product teams to define objectives and design appropriate analytics solutions
• Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand consumers
• Develop analytical models to drive analytics insights
• Lead small and participate in large data analytics project teams
• Participate in the continuous improvement of data science and analytics
• Present data insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
• Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
• Model compliance with company policies and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• 3 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
• 3 years experience with open source programming languages (for example, R, Python)
• Retail Marketing experience is preferred.
• Experience in managing team is preferred.
About Walmart Labs
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts