Senior Engineer Manager - DevOps Infrastructure - Walmart Labs
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1040142BR
What you'll do at
While we are tech-empowered, we are people-led. We’re a team of 4,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart and across the world, delivering innovations that transform how our customers shop and how our enterprise operates. Our technologists solve some of the most complex problems at Walmart, building solutions that impact hundreds of millions of people for the world’s largest retailer.
What You'll Do
• Assist in designing, transitioning and deploying of applications to various clouds
• Develop tools and framework to improve operational efficiency and anomaly detection
• Design and operate the environment to test application resiliency to infrastructure instabilities
• Responsible for application configurations in different cloud environments
• Proactively monitor, identify, and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues
• Participate in the weekly rotating shift for level 1 support
• Enable data scientists, business and product partners to fully leverage our predictive analytics platform
• Be the team and technical lead with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly. Amazing ability to get stuff done.
• Follows the industry trends in the online world
As a Senior Engineer Manager (SRE), you will have the opportunity to work closely with our data scientists, business partners and systems engineers to drive the definition and implementation of the next generation of applications and analytics tools for our predictive intelligence platform. The ideal candidate must be able to wear multiple hats (SysEng, NetEng, DBA, Dev, etc.), must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen with various monitoring and logging solutions to detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 4 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
• Experience in bootstrap production and non-prod environments in
public/private clouds, Openstack experience is a plus.
• Experience with continuous integration, delivery, and related tools (e.g. Git,
Maven, Ant, Jenkins) in Dev, QA, Staging, and Prod environments
• Extensive experience with Linux, particularly RedHat/CentOS, SSH, DNS,
• Experience with setting up monitoring tools, e.g. Nagios, GrayLog, Logstash,
• Understand the metric requirements of system/application health
• Experience with setup, configure, and manage RDBMS, NoSQL,
Elasticsearch, Kibana, and big data severs
• Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation
and operations, e.g. Unix Shell scripts, Ansible, etc.
• Solid knowledge of Unix systems with ability to troubleshoot issues in
complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
• Knowledge and experience with HAProxy, Tomcat, Node.js, etc.
• Worked in SaaS/PaaS companies as DevOps engineer
• Passionate about operational excellence and documentation
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with troubleshooting and performance tuning in JVM, MySQL,
MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
• Experience with setting up a whole network infrastructure, configuring and
troubleshooting networking issues
• Experience in secure, scalable and highly available online services
• Experience in data visualization
• Experience collaborating with multiple teams
• Experience in Big Data applications
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents