Demand Planner - Walmart Merchandising
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1037054BR
What you'll do at
- Conducts forecast analysis for assigned group of categories or department identifying and analyzing factors that impact customer demand for products (for example, product or category trends, seasonality, competitive products); designing and conducting statistical forecast analysis and ad hoc reports to incorporate impacting factors and to identify trends, performance, and concerns; evaluating historical data (for example, lost sales, market trends, and promotions); determining and incorporating demand forecast inputs; conducting error analysis in order to identify any gaps or concerns; adjusting forecasting model based on changes to customer demand and trends; communicating forecast, including risks, uncertainty, and assumptions; and collaborating with key stakeholders (for example, Replenishment Managers) to align demand forecasts to business plans.
- Conducts inventory management process and strategy improvement for categories or department (for example, safety stock)
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Implements one best way for demand management processes and analytical models and measures the results for impact (for example, finances, workflow, speed)
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelor s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Statistics, Business, or related field and 2 years experience in analytics, industrial engineering, supply chain, merchandising, or related field OR 4 years experience in analytics, industrial engineering, supply chain, merchandising, or related field
- 2 years experience utilizing JDA demand and/or fulfillment software.
- 3 years experience in analytics, statistical modeling, or related field
- Master s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or related field.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents