Senior Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1036632BR
What you'll do at
You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills working with various-cross functional partner teams - Business Managers, Design, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. Your product management experience and understanding of the software development cycle is essential to the successful development of requirements and products. You are relentlessly focused on the customer; you are adept at prioritizing, evaluating trade offs ultimately delivering impactful results.
• Develop and champion a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
• Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
• Work with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
• Present and clearly articulate product strategy to company leadership.
• Own the product discovery process.
• Define, track and improve key product metrics.
• Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
• Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases as well as user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents.
• Manage partner relationships, identifying necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluating and selecting vendors, negotiating agreements and contracts, and managing partnership integration.
• Manage third-party dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features. Product Implementation, Deployment and Support
• Engage frequently with engineering and project management during implementation; be available to quickly
answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
• Work closely with Marketing and/or the Business to launch products and ensure their adoption.
• Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
• Manage the development of training materials and train users on new product features, support business users and manage close-loop feedback cycles to encompass customer/user comments and needs into better product experience.
• Product Management experience in a fast-paced agile environment at a consumer facing mobile/web company (experience in a vertical e-commerce area e.g. fashion, shoes, home and garden, electronics strongly preferred) If you are a zealous shopper yourself, that would be awesome!
• Proven experience shipping consumer based web/app products
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents