- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1032533BR
What you'll do at
You won't do this alone. You work within world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the art to the science using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple departments or categories
Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple departments or categories
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Walmart.com Merchandising
Ensures business needs are being met
Maximizes the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in merchandising concepts for assigned categories and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in assigned department or categories
- Maximizes the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
2+ years of Managerial experience developing Assoc. Buyers and Buyers
Industry background required
In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
Have managed and maintained open-to-buy
Must have experience managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment
Must have experience with high risk, high volume, complex categories of goods
Must have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Managing and running a P&L;
- Strong e-commerce experience
- Proactive individual that is a self-starter and takes initiative
- A dynamic leader and thinker
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents