Merchant, Technology Services- Sam's
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1031996BR
What you'll do at
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Good financial performance is not only dependent on implementing budgets but can also be an indicator of how we are serving our members. Executing on well-supported short and long-term financial plans and operating as an Every Day Low Cost (EDLC) organization is the lifeblood of our company. This is modeled
- Planning is an important part of the buying process. As a Merchant, you will be expected to develop and implement category and subcategory plans that align with company initiatives. Appropriate execution of plans will improve club-level execution and help to drive financial results. You will accomplish this
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- The Merchant is responsible for developing and fostering productive relationships with our suppliers. Imparting the Sam's Club way of working, driving efficiencies, and ensuring accountability within our supplier community is essential. Merchants act as the driving force behind this effort. Some of the ways our Merchants ensure this are
- 1 year's experience creating and analyzing profit and loss statements.
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field and 2 years experience in merchandising or related field OR 4 years experience in merchandising or related field OR Bachelor's degree in Business and the succesful completion of a Sam's Club Merchandising internship.
- 5 years' experience in merchandising or related field.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents