Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager - MEP/HVAC
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1030754BR
What you'll do at
• Direct the activities of our engineering consultants in changes to the store prototypes and support continual improvements in our new and remodel store program.
• Be the engineering subject matter expert supporting and solving store issues and problems.
• Seek out new technologies and building systems/components to keep Walmart at the forefront of technologies meeting one of Walmart’s core believes – strive for excellence and drive innovation.
• Support Walmart’s sustainability efforts and goals of zero waste and greater reliance on renewable energy and reduction in water consumption.
• Provide engineering systems support for new initiatives, tests and pilots.
• Develops and manages new and remodel retail store project specifications, guidelines, and construction documents for HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems and components
• Directs systems design development and ongoing design maintenance for HVAC, plumbing and fire protection building systems
• Improves building sustainability in conjunction with company goals and financial criteria (for example, reducing energy consumption, lowering construction costs, building construction)
• Oversees Prototype engineering systems development
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Licensed Professional Engineer or meets all minimum requirements for licensure as a Professional Engineer.
• Commercial refrigeration design experience
• Management of external engineering consultants.
• Fire protection systems experience.
• Certified Energy Auditor.
• Certified Energy Manager.
• Experience in retail or grocery facilities design.
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents