Senior Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1029463BR
What you'll do at
We aspire to create a world-class search and browse experience for customers, helping them easily find what they are looking for.
We mine structured and semi-structured data from product catalogs, query logs, customer behavior, etc., and design, develop, and operate petabyte-scale, low-latency, fault-tolerant data systems.
We build complex relevance and ranking models using advanced machine learning techniques.
As part of this team, you'll help solve high impact problems in information retrieval, natural language processing, and machine learning, to understand our customers’ goals and enable them to make the right purchase decision.
Team members take end-to-end responsibility for collecting, cleaning, organizing, and analyzing data, and using it to improve the algorithms that determine which items are shown for a given search query or browse path.
• Working on real-time indexing pipelines, streaming analytics, and distributed machine learning infrastructure
• Evaluating and fine-tuning systems for speed, robustness, and cost efficiency
• Troubleshooting production issues
• Pushing the boundaries of machine learning to deliver the most relevant search and browse results
• Modeling compliance with company policies and procedures and supporting the company’s mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Your work will be visible to millions of customers and you will have a direct impact on the goals of the Fortune #1 enterprise. Come join our team and be part of this exciting journey.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
• Extensive Java / JEE programming experience with a focus on server side components
• Extensive experience in developing Web applications with frameworks such as Spring
• Experience with open source search engines like lucene, solr, or elastic search
• Advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
• Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (e.g., Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
• Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
• Experience with Source Code Management Tools (GitHUB, SVN, CVS, Clearcase, etc.)
• Expertise with some or all of Apache, JBoss / Tomcat, Jetty, JMS or other application servers like WebLogic, etc.
• Experience with no-sql technologies like Couchbase, Cassandra or Hbase
• Experience in data analysis software, data warehousing and data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Impala, and similar).
• Exposure to cloud infrastructure, such as Open Stack, GCP, Azure or AWS
• Experience in building of large scale data pipelines using big data technologies (i.e. Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive/Pig).
• Experience in systems design, algorithms, and distributed systems.
• Experience in Python or Ruby, and SQL
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
• Exposure to information retrieval, statistics and machine learning
• A continuous drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate and optimize systems and tools
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts