Director of Machine Learning Science
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1027916BR
What you'll do at
•Lead and inspire a team focused on the use of data and predictive algorithms to improve the customer experience and optimize revenue potential through the development of world-class AI products.
•Create predictive models with dynamic retail transaction and marketing data from various omni-channel sources, including internal platforms, media partners, agencies, store and online transaction data, and other third party sources.
•Design, model, and build a large-scale data warehouse, using ETL and other related technologies.
•Build infrastructure and systems for tracking data quality, usage and consistency. Build and leverage tools that allow for democratization and easy consumption and analysis of data across the organization.
•Build robust testing framework to support an ongoing learning agenda and provide continuous behavioral feedback to incrementally improve performance.
•Implement machine learning and artificial intelligence models to improve conversion rates and campaign effectiveness, and work with engineering to implement algorithm optimization.
•Drive deep customer analysis with focus on predicting and improving customer LTV.
•Drive models that focus on incremental and profit margin growth.
•Lead segmentation and basket analysis and testing to better serve the customer in more relevant ways.
•Leverage MMM and MTA measurement models (Traditional Marketing Mix as well as Multi Touch Attribution), as inputs to optimization.
•Develop your team by modeling integrity, servant leadership, and continuous improvement.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Directs the development of annual plans
- Manages the Walmart brand
- Oversees and directs the development and implementation of large-scale marketing initiatives (for example, on-site merchandising, advertising, store integration)
- Oversees the development and management of key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives
- Provides overall direction
- Sets and oversees marketing budgets
•8+ years of experience implementing and managing engineering and AI related projects including managing teams and technical resources, managing priorities and defining measurable milestones.
•Proven experience driving incremental value and repeatable growth through products, services and capabilities directly tied to machine learning techniques and algorithms.
•Strong technical skills in machine learning/AI, including optimization, simulation, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, cluster analysis, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, and statistical techniques.
•Professional experience in developing a data pipeline with custom ETL that accommodates data from multiple sources of data in multiple formats.
• Comfortable with Teradata and Hadoop ecosystem products and frameworks: HDFS, Hbase, Sqoop / Flume / Kafka, Kudu.
•Experience in end-to-end big data architecture: pipeline, machine learning environment, and persistent machine learning models design. Experience with Cloud and opensource software tools.
•Experience with one or more scripting language: R, Python, or Scala.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 6 years experience in marketing or related field OR 9 years experience in marketing or related field.
•Experience managing teams in a highly matrixed organization, serving multiple stakeholders.
•Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
•Ability to work through ambiguity and drive for clarity of direction.
- 5 years experience in online marketing.
- 5 years experience managing cross-functional teams.
- 5 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 7 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, includin
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents