Tech QA Project Leader
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1027762BR
What you'll do at
You work with product and engineering teams to plan and develop performance test scripts for a specific set of products. Use and develop new tools to effectively test products and improve engineering processes. Maintain and evaluate performance tests results and report problems you discover.
You are excited about providing new tools to the QA team to make verification processes more efficient. You work with developers to make hard-to-test features more testable for QA. You understand the inner workings of technologies that you test. You know that it is the job of a Quality Assurance Engineer to speak up at any point in the process. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in quality like we do.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand the role of a Quality Assurance and you are a strong advocate for quality -- you are motivated to consider the user experience of the site for various types of users, test the edge cases of products, and lobby for having problems you've encountered get fixed.
You collaborate across teams to define and execute testing solutions that meet business requirements and overall goals of efficiency, coverage, and usability. You lead the development and tailoring of automation frameworks required by multiple project streams within the program in support of unit, functional, system, regression, smoke, load and performance test initiatives. You analyze complex workflows and processes, and develop innovative approaches to streamline load testing; assess risk for determining appropriate levels of testing.
You design, develop and maintain high quality, reusable performance test suites; identify performance test scenarios based on the business volumes.
You establish and manage test environments and test data in support of various testing scenarios supporting testing efforts; making appropriate modifications to or create new test scripts as required by development work streams.
What we need from you...
· Experience with Jmeter, Gatling test tools
Performance engineering debugging skills, Thread and Heap dump analysis, tuning services & queries
· Prior success as an individual QA Engineer embedded within a product team
· Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing, performance testing.
· Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing.
· B.S. in Computer Science or related area.
Things that help...
· Experience as a Software Design Engineer in Test or SDET
· Experience using Git, CloudRDBMS, ELK Stack
· An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 4 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- 2 years experience leading geographically distributed teams.
- 2 years experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) and Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- 2 years experience with software testing vendor management.
- 3 years experience creating software test plans and test strategies.
- 3 years experience testing Agile software projects.
- 3 years experience testing Waterfall software projects.
- 3 years experience using HP Performance Center or related performance testing tool.
- 3 years experience using HP Quality Center (HPQC) or related defect tracking tool.
- 3 years experience using HP Quick Test Professional or related automated testing tool.
- Masters degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Software testing certification (for example, Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA), Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL), Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE)).
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts