Sr. Manager, Program Management International- JDA Category Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function Project and Program Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1027726BR
What you'll do at
- Walmart’s International Strategic Initiatives department is hiring a Senior Manager, Program Management to join their team. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on projects and programs that serve over 11,000 retail units in 28 countries around the world. More specifically, in this particular role, you would be responsible for program management for the Space & Assortment team, focused on implementation of the JDA Category Management suite of tools. You would also provide direction for global capabilities, consult and provide guidance on local functionality, as well as support the development of long-range plans and project timelines; anticipate risks and issues, proactively providing sustainable risk mitigation solutions. You will apply your skills in program management, large scale implementations and influence to work cross-functionally across a broad array of internal clients and external partners, translating business needs into functional requirements. If you like the excitement and challenge of leveraging technology to deliver complex, global solutions, then this is the role for you!
- Aligns and recommends strategies, activities, and best practices by, leading an internal team; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business and International markets; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; and communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization.
- Consults with internal organizations on strategic initiatives by, developing high-level project plans to achieve strategic goals; prioritizing and aligning work streams within corporate strategies; integrating and prioritizing timelines, tasks, analysis, and team assignments; and ensuring proper planning, testing, and delivery of high-level strategic initiatives
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- International and/or the Walmart Enterprise by, developing strong relationships with stakeholders; influencing strategy direction and deliverables; recommending technical and conceptual ideas to establish understanding and acceptance; and reporting results and deliverables to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Leads change to achieve desired results by, aligning and defining transformational change and processes; validating value and priority; creating both short-term and long-term project plans; assessing readiness for change; managing expectations; adjusting approaches to have positive company change adopted
- Manages a portion of the department budget and profit and loss (P&L) by, forecasting resource needs and expenses for personnel, travel, and other variable items; monitoring actual expenses versus budget; and making adjustments as necessary.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Project Management, Information Systems, Operations Management, or related field and 4 years of experience in engineering, project management, information systems, operations management, or related field OR 6 Years of experience in engineering, project management, information systems, operations management, or related field.
- Merchandising, Category Management experience
- Data analysis, synthesis and extrapolation experience.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to influence senior levels of leadership.
- Experience leading engineering, strategy or innovations teams.
- Experience working in matrixed organization
- Experience working with Microsoft Project
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with virtual or remote teams.
- Fluency in a foreign language.
- Global experience
- Master s Degree in Engineering, Project Management, Information Systems, Operations Management, or related field.
- Six Sigma or process improvement certification
2 years of Experience on JDA Category Management Suite
Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience leading teams
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
Analytic, creative and business focused problem solver
Ability to manage complex projects
Demonstrated ability on MS Project, Visio and MS Office tools.
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents