Staff Systems Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1027084BR
What you'll do at
- Design, build, test and deploy GPU accelerated computational libraries and extend ML algorithms up to higher level languages to be utilized by the data science community in Walmart.
- Interact with data science groups across Walmart to understand algorithms that require acceleration to meet operational constraints of either computational time or scale.
- Develop and implement services for deployments of machine learning model libraries.
- Assess GPU accelerated open source machine learning algorithms and develop deployment strategy for validated algorithms.
- Engage with Product Management, Data Science teams and Business stakeholders to set priorities and deliver analytic computational solutions to solve business problems.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 7 years experience in computer programming, software development or related field OR Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 computer programming, software development or related field.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, related Engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working with a variety of technology systems.
- Experience working in Retail/Public Service/Banking system related IT engineering.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, memory management, computer resource management, databases, operating systems, etc.
- Strong understanding of mathematical concepts and analytical problem solving.
- Experience with low level programming languages like C/C++.
- Knowledge of compilers, make files, and building of shared objects.
- Experience in building scalable/highly available distributed systems in production.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner.
- A self-motivated learner with a strong customer focus and obsession with quality and computational efficiency.
- Experience in or willingness to work as part of an open source project.
- Experience in or knowledge of CUDA development
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn higher level languages such as Python and R.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts