Staff Software Engineer, Backend
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1026716BR
What you'll do at
• Leads proof-of-concept for medium to large initiatives; implements prototypes to validate ideas
• Designs and develops technical solutions for existing software products or enhancements to new and future software releases
• Leads development of software requirements and understanding impact of architecture on overall solution.
• Performs root-cause analysis and develops action plan and priorities for backlogs (identifying short- and long-term solutions)
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
• Extensive Java / JEE programming experience with a focus on server side components
• Extensive experience in developing Web applications; Experience with Spring framework
• Experience with open source search engines like solr, lucene or elastic search
• Experience with no-sql technologies like Couchbase, Cassandra or Hbase
• Experience with distributed publish-subscribe messaging system like Kafka
• Advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
• Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
• Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
• Experience with Source Code Management Tools (GitHUB, SVN, CVS, Clearcase)
• Expertise with some or all of Apache, JBoss / Tomcat, Jetty, JMS or other application servers like WebLogic, etc.
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Experience in the search domain highly desirable
• Experience with big data methodologies involving Hive/Hadoop/ Spark; knowledge of relational databases
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts