Process Lead II-GSS
- Location CHARLOTTE, NC
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1024119BR
What you'll do at
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Executing processes in area of expertise across different areas of the Company to ensure efficiency and compliance by, establishing timelines, workflows, and requirements (for example, internal and external audits, third-party vendor audits); supporting and developing training and creating, verifying, and distributing necessary documentation in compliance with regulatory requirements (for example, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) or Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)) for auditing and reviewing results; managing and verifying functioning of key process and controls; and loading appropriate financial information.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Performing analysis and ensures accuracy of information and compliance with regulatory requirements (for example, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), payroll, HPPA) in area of expertise by, creating, maintaining, and ensuring accuracy of system queries; comparing data with third-party information, budgets, or actual results; analyzing and researching risks or compliance concerns; analyzing financial data, key performance indicators (KPI), and metrics; evaluating trends and reviewing results for accuracy(for example, reviewing actual performance to plan, identifying gaps, updating forecasts, and recommending actions to correct course of performance, fraud or risk areas, correcting unusual or unexpected balances, remediating noted deficiencies, balance sheet reconciliations, balance sheet account variances); utilizing financial models, plans, and tools; and conducting analyses for special and recurring projects (for example, regulatory changes, segregation of duties for fraud prevention, testing and maintaining process controls).
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides customer service and reporting in area of responsibility by, providing reports and communicating results (for example, monthly executive summaries, month-end close, budget updates, plans, progress updates on programs and initiatives, reconciliation results, and key metrics) preparing financial information and supporting documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements and audits; supporting key business processes (for example, budgeting and planning), serves as an information resource, providing guidance, and recommendations based on defined policies and practices; supporting relationships with key stakeholders (for example, the leadership of Shared Services, third-party vendors, Finance, Operations, People, Information Systems Divisions, Compliance and Legal departments) to deliver solutions and support; and resolving issues, answering questions, obtaining information, and providing documentation (for example, explaining and resolving variances and anomalies in account balances, representing the business for external audits).
- Supports projects or process improvements in area of expertise by, identifying, recommending, and supporting the implementation of process improvements and action plans (for example, financial statement closing process, internal and external business factors and risks); participating in the development of key initiatives and objectives across different areas of the company to resolve operational and process issues (for example, audit testing, audit plans); executing processes to ensure efficiency and compliance; and communicating with external departments (for example, Walmart Technology) to resolve process issues
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related OR 2 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 1 years experience in multi-state/local payroll and payroll tax experience.
- 1 years experience reviewing reconciliations and journal entries.
- 1 year s experience using SAP or other enterprise financial reporting system.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Master s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Know SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBi
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents