Lead Data Scientist - Machine Learning
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1022869BR
What you'll do at
@WalmartLabs, Silicon Valley’s newest development lab, we’re working on this exact challenge. Our mission is simple: innovate on retail with new technologies to revolutionize how Walmart approaches digital commerce.
This position is part of the Growth organization in @WalmartLabs. The mission of the Growth organization is to advance Walmart eCommerce by driving higher value for our customers and vendor partners. We are seeking talented and self-driven individuals to join the Walmart Performance Ads team. The Walmart Performance Ads team owns the platform that enhances user experience while improving monetization on http://walmart.com, by displaying contextual and targeted product advertisements to our customers. The team operates an end to end advertising platform that includes a scalable ad service that serves hundreds of millions of impressions each day, sophisticated ad matching algorithms, real-time reports, and ad targeting and optimization. Come join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination. Put your footprint on ground up development focused on building brand new products that will impact a Global customer base.
We are looking for outstanding machine learning research scientists whose skills span the entire spectrum of Machine Learning/Data-Science research, i.e. data-gathering/cleaning, modeling, implementation, publication and presentation. In particular we are seeking researchers with the following skills and experience to contribute to Growth in driving the future of ad targeting, personalization, content extraction, content matching and other prediction problems.
Join us if you want to be spending your time on:
- Gathering and analyzing data, identifying key prediction/classification problems, devising solutions and building prototypes;
- Formulating machine learning approaches while paying attention to business metrics, designing features from the rich data available from many sources, training, evaluating, and deploying models;
- Researching and implementing methodologies to measure the impact of the technologies;
- Initiating and proposing unique and promising modeling projects, developing new and innovative algorithms and technologies, pursuing patents where appropriate;
- Developing high-performance algorithms for precision targeting, testing and implementing these algorithms in scalable, product-ready code; Interacting with other teams to define interfaces and understanding and resolving dependencies;
- Staying current on published data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques and competing technologies and sharing these findings with scientists and engineers in the organization;
- Maintaining world-class academic credentials through publications, presentations, external collaborations and service to the research community.
- Experience with traditional as well as modern statistical techniques, including Regression, Support Vector Machines, Regularization, Boosting, Random Forests, and other Ensemble Methods;
- Strong implementation experience with high-level languages, such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala or similar scripting languages;
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years of experience of writing production quality code;
- Experience with end-to-end modeling projects emerging from research efforts;
- Excellent academic or industrial track record of proposing, conducting and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications;
- Knowledge of data processing on Hadoop programming environments (e.g. Spark/Hive/Pig).
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts