- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1022225BR
What you'll do at
- As a Product Manager for Wal-Mart’s Global Data team, you will have the opportunity to help define and implement components for Wal-Mart’s next-generation, Global Data Platform focusing on Supply Chain Processes. This hands-on position, reporting to the Group of Product Manager at Walmart. As part of the Global Data team, this position will work on all the driving the Use case definition and requirement to participate in the design and implementation of various offerings on Data Platform to ensure the deliverables are aligned to the Use cases. The key area of work with involve building a massively scalable and high performance enterprise data lake solution using cutting edge technological stack comprising of, among others, Hadoop, MPP databases, open source technologies for ETL, data analysis and visualization products, Data governance and metadata management tools etc. A wide degree of creativity and efficiency will be required to fulfill this role. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will be working closely with the product, engineering, other development teams, DBA's, operations, release engineering and quality assurance teams in addition to your stakeholders and business partners. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of the product, enhancements to existing products & processes for day to day support. You will also play a critical role in designing, developing and providing technical guidance to engineers and ensuring project delivery with high quality utilizing the Agile / Scrum processes.
- Serve as a voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered
- Ensure the product specifications are well understood by the development team and respective delivery teams
- Own your roadmap to Balance scope of development projects against one another to determine how to make the most efficient use of resources to create the greatest level of value for the company
- Oversee pilot testing new data products and proof of concept initiatives
- Ensure that product specifications meet high standards for quality before approval
- Manage projects aligning developers, QA and doing UAT with business users
- Research and recommend new products, tools and applications
- Communicate the risks and workout proposal to mitigate it
- Bachelor of Science and 4 years of related experience OR Master of Science and 1 year of related experience
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts