Category Specialist 2 - Office
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1021471BR
What you'll do at
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own your Office category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Jet.com, Walmart.com and Hayneedle.com, and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Work with product and marketing to build your Office brands and enhance the customer experience: You will be working alongside embedded marketing and product resources to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Inspire entry category specialists: You will begin to be a part of inspiring and training our category experts fresh out of college.
• Be an expert in all systems and processes required to manage your category
• Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
• Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise (which may need to be self taught), and manage any assortment gaps
• Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
• Begin to own vendor relationships autonomously
• Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
• Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
• Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
• Collaborate with marketing teams around category promotions
• Depending on the category and your readiness, you may begin to manage a smaller team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
• If you love helping people create inspiring spaces in their home…
• If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
• If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
• If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
• If you want to run your own company one day…
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents