- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1020644BR
What you'll do at
While we are tech-empowered, we are people-led. We’re a team of 4,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart and across the world, delivering innovations that transform how our customers shop and how our enterprise operates. Our technologists solve some of the most complex problems at Walmart, building solutions that impact hundreds of millions of people for the world’s largest retailer.
Our engineering teams live on the front line of e-commerce innovation. We're made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, and we're rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (node.js and react.js) to our best-in-class backend payments platform which powers web, mobile and API solutions. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting!
What You'll Do:
- Research new trends in the industry and utilize up-to-date technology (for example, HBase, MapReduce, LAPack, Gurobi) and analytical skills to support assigned projects.
- Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
- Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
- Combine data features to determine search models.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develop custom data models to drive innovative business solutions.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine needed improvements.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
- Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
- Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Utilize system tools including (MySQL, Hadoop, Weka, R, Matlab,ILog).
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
- Work with cross-functional partners across the business
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or related fields, (or MS degree with 2+ yrs of relevant work exp)
- Deep knowledge in quantitative analysis and basic Statistical techniques.
- Experience with big data technology (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Hbase, etc.) and data processing pipelines
- Strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Knowledge in machine learning models, data mining techniques is a plus
- Strong skill in database systems(mySQL) and complex SQL queries is a plus
- Some knowledge in basic optimization techniques is a plus
- Proficiency in Linux shell script a plus
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts