- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1020231BR
What you'll do at
You will drive the product discovery process for large complex, and/or ambiguous projects by collaborating with the Business, User Experience, and Engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features; specifying, prioritizing, and communicating high level and detailed product specifications; and using written specifications, business rules, flows, cases and user experience generated deliverables (for example, prototypes, wireframes, design and copy documents). As the product owner, you will then ensure project specs and timelines are met, while solving for roadblocks along the way.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding; strategy and planning experience, and a strong drive to deliver. You must be a data seeker, a smart risk taker, willing to voice your opinions and unafraid to ask difficult questions. You must be able to effectively communicate and build collaboration at all areas and levels of the business and engineering. The ideal candidate for this role would be entrepreneurial, resourceful, agile and humble.
• 5+ years of experience in product management, management consulting or ecommerce OR MBA and 3+ years relevant experience
• Domain knowledge in e-commerce, retail, marketing, online advertising and/or analytics
• Exceptional strategic, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop a product strategy, based on extensive user research and lean testing, and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift
• Strong execution skills and ability to “drive” throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate with broader cross-functional teams to gather consensus
• Strong presentation and communication (written/ oral) skill
• Willingness to travel appx. 25% every month
• Previous product management experience in a big box retail environment
• User research experience
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents