Senior DevOps Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1020150BR
What you'll do at
As a Senior Software Engineer (DevOps), you will have the opportunity to work closely with our data scientists, business partners and systems engineers to drive the definition and implementation of the next generation of applications and analytics tools for our predictive intelligence platform. The ideal candidate must be able to wear multiple hats (SysEng, NetEng, DBA, Dev, etc.), must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen with various monitoring and logging solutions to detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
• Assist in designing, transitioning and deploying of applications to various clouds
• Develop tools and framework to improve operational efficiency and anomaly detection
• Design and operate the environment to test application resiliency to infrastructure instabilities
• Responsible for application configurations in different cloud environments
• Proactively monitor, identify, and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues
• Participate in the weekly rotating shift for level 1 support
• Enable data scientists, business and product partners to fully leverage our predictive analytics platform
• Demonstrate willingness to take feedback and adapt solutions where appropriate.
• Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Be the consummate team player with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly. Amazing ability to get stuff done.
• Follows the industry trends in the online world
• Experience in 24x7 operations, overseeing sites with constant high traffic
• Experience in bootstrap production and non-prod environments in public/private clouds, Openstack experience is a plus.
• Experience with continuous integration, delivery, and related tools (e.g. Git, Maven, Ant, Jenkins) in Dev, QA, Staging, and Prod environments
• Extensive experience with Linux, particularly RedHat/CentOS, SSH, DNS, EMAIL, etc.
• Experience with setting up monitoring tools, e.g. Nagios, GrayLog, Logstash, Monit, PagerDuty.
• Understand the metric requirements of system/application health
• Experience with setup, configure, and manage RDBMS, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, Kibana, and big data severs
• Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations, e.g. Unix Shell scripts, Ansible, etc.
• Solid knowledge of Unix systems with ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
• Knowledge and experience with HAProxy, Tomcat, Node.js, etc.
• Worked in SaaS/PaaS companies as DevOps engineer
• Passionate about operational excellence and documentation
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with setting up a whole network infrastructure, configuring and troubleshooting networking issues
• Experience in secure, scalable and highly available online services
• Experience in data visualization
• Experience collaborating with multiple teams
• Experience in Big Data applications
• Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering features in small time durations.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts